Saturday, November 23, 2013

Using Visual Recipes




As you can probably tell from some of my previous posts, I absolutely love cooking with my kids!  We don't get to do in near as often as I would like since we have to finance it with our own money and it can get quite pricey. We still are trying to do it at least once or twice a month, and my aide are great about helping out with ingredients!

Every time we get ready to try a new recipe I like to have a visual to go with it. This way we can go over the recipe step by step before we head into the kitchen to do the actual cooking. We always send a copy home (in hopes that their folks let them try to make it there) and we put one in their binders that they take home when they graduate. As you can see they go from pretty basic recipes to a little more challenging as to try to find things that all my kids will be able to make independently.

You can find the recipe book here:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Follow-Along-Recipes-989267

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which program do you use to create your recipes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use PowerPoint to make all my worksheets. Probably not the best but it's what I know, lol.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Karen,
    These look amazing! I too teach life skills, in French. Do you have any recipes in French?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for share this amazing recipes with us. As, I am giving you Air Conditioner Installation Services Fort Worth TX. From our service, you can install your Air conditioning equipment’s.

    ReplyDelete